Value Added Services
MiX Telematics offers a range of complementary products to enhance MiX Fleet Manager. Add additional value to your telematics solution with a wide range of accessories and services.
This in-cab display allows fleet managers and drivers to stay in contact with each other more effectively – even under the toughest of conditions. By connecting to the MiX FM Premium on-board computer, MiX Rovi II provides information to the driver or the fleet manager through a number of features. These include custom data inputs, on-board navigation, jobs and messaging, and real-time job dispatching and driving alerts.
MiX Vision – Eyes on your fleet
In-vehicle cameras capturing video footage, allowing fleet managers to review driving-related incidents. It integrates with the MiX FM Premium device to provide fleet managers with an accurate inside view of their fleet operations, to improve driver safety, increase profitability and have better control of their fleet.
Driving related incidents are costing fleet operators millions each year – in fuel, maintenance costs, damages and insurance claims. When an event occurs, it triggers the automatic upload of two videos – one showing the driver and one showing the road. Events include harsh events (like acceleration, braking and cornering), accidents and impact events, critical events (such as panic button pressed, dash tamper or power down), and even seatbelt alerts. Extended high-resolution videos are available on demand, including up to few seconds before and after the event occurred and any specific time that the vehicle was in-trip within the last 72-hour period.
MiX Vision Bureau
The MiX Vision Bureau, consisting of a dedicated team focusing solely on this solution, oversees the health service for the MiX Vision camera systems by ensuring that all cameras are in full working order.
The specialised team provides regular feedback to clients concerning driver behaviour and the health status of the cameras. This assists clients in obtaining camera footage of requested incidents, helping with all MiX Vision related queries and reporting all faults found on cameras.
The MiX Vision Bureau carries out weekly health checks on the in-cab safety cameras to determine that:
- the cameras are fully functional
- the cameras are not obstructed
- the cameras are aligned
- the cameras have not been tampered with
If any non-compliance or inappropriate behaviour is found during the health check, it will be reported directly to the customer via email notification.
MiX Mobileye – Prevent and reduce collisions
A world-renowned driver safety system that provides drivers with an all-in-one cutting-edge collision avoidance solution. It integrates with MiX FM Premium to provide the ultimate driver safety and fleet management solution. It utilizes an intelligent vision sensor that views the road ahead, like a bionic eye. It can identify objects in your driver’s path that may pose threats, such as other vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians. The system continuously measures the distance and relative speeds of these objects to calculate the risk of your driver colliding with them.
The system can also detect lane markings and traffic signs alerting drivers when they veer out of their lane due to distraction or fatigue or when they go over the speed limit. When imminent danger is detected, the system emits visual and audio alerts that warn the driver with sufficient time to make necessary corrections.
The real-time warning system is what makes Mobileye so unique and essential. By warning drivers of potential collisions before they happen, the driver is given crucial time to react in the moment and possibly avoid a collision, or at a minimum, mitigate its severity. Apart from preventing and reducing collisions, Mobileye is valuable driver evaluation and training tool.
- Lane Departure Warning: anticipates unintentional deviation from a driving lane.
- Forward Collision Warning: alerts the driver up to 2.7 seconds before an anticipated collision with a vehicle or motorcycle may occur.
- Headway Monitoring Warning: assist the driver in keeping a safe following distance.
- Pedestrian Collision Warning: alerts driver during daylight when a pedestrian or cyclist enters the vehicle’s path in dangerous proximity.
Pedestrian Collision Warning:
Including bicycle detection: alerts driver during daylight when a pedestrian or cyclist enters the vehicle’s path in dangerous proximity.
Forward Collision Warning:
Including motorcycle detection: alerts driver up to 2.7 seconds before an anticipated collision with a vehicle ahead.
Lane Departure Warning:
Anticipates unintentional deviation from driving lane and issues a directional alert.
Assists driver in keeping a safe driving distance and issues an alert when the headway becomes dangerous.
MiX Sat Comms - Reliable, global satellite communication
Integrates with MiX Fleet Manager Premium to provide reliable and cost-effective global satellite communication in areas with limited or no GSM/GPRS coverage. By using satellite communication, MiX Sat Comms ensures uninterrupted access to mobile assets, regardless of connectivity outages. Critical event notifications are therefore never missed which improves driver safety and security. And high-risk or high-value loads can always be tracked. MiX Sat Comms offers a choice of airtime contracts with one of two satellite service providers: Iridium and Inmarsat.
- All communication can be configured to dynamically determine the most cost-effective communication method (GSM vs. satellite) to reduce costs. Data communication and costs can be managed via configuration, too.
- Active in-trip and out-of trip tracking points can be configured and sent via satellite communication using least cost routing. Optional driver identification can be included on Iridium packages.
- An active event can be sent immediately via the satellite modem using least cost routing, with the option to include a position as well as initiate active tracking. Active events can be configured to obey the daily limit or to ignore the daily limit for mission-critical applications like panic alerts.
- Fixed command type messages can be sent from MiX Fleet Manager via satellite. These include to request a position, start/stop active tracking and temporarily increase or permanently change the vehicle’s daily satellite message limit.
MiX Track and React Bureau Service – 24/7 control of your fleet
To realise the full benefits of a telematics fleet management system, drivers need to be proactively managed in real-time. The MiX Track And React bureau service is an outsourced control room used to monitor vehicles and drivers on behalf of the customer. This pro-active service ensures driver compliance resulting in fuel cost savings and increased productivity, making the service self-funding.
The control room monitors various events including speeding, entry into no-go areas, driving without a rest break and unauthorised stopping on-route. Depending on the type of event triggered, the highly trained agents will either call the driver or fleet controller (in English or isiZulu) or escalate repeat offenders to senior management.
Independent agents are used to prevent intimidation by drivers or controllers. Daily and weekly reports are provided to track the overall improvement of a fleet’s performance. Our Economies of scale makes this service very affordable. The MiX Track And React bureau service is available to fleets of anywhere between 1 to 10,000 vehicles for a monthly subscription.
- Fuel consumption is reduced due to improved driver behaviour
- Return-on-investment of your telematics system is increased with real-time change management
- The safety of your vehicles and drivers are improved as they are monitored 24/7
- The ability to recover stolen vehicles is increased with pro-active monitoring
- Productivity of your fleet is improved with fewer unauthorised stops
HOW IT WORKS
- Agree on the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Brief drivers on Track and React (TAR) procedures
- Our Track and React agents respond to events in real-time
- Manage up-time of telematics units
- Escalate repeat offenders
- Theft or hijacking incidents escalated to our Recovery Manager
- Receive a daily Occurrence Book listing all incidents and driver responses
For more information please contact email@example.com or phone +27 31 285 0180.
Driver Management – Monitor, improve and reward good driving behaviour
Bad driving habits are unsafe, unnecessary and can cause loss of life. Poor driving ultimately also costs your organisation money. Together with an on-board computer and optional in-cab display system, MiX Telematics can provide your company with live information pertaining to the operation of your vehicles. The data instantly gets transmitted from your vehicle directly to one of our secure data centres so that management reports contain objective information. Drivers can also be alerted to their mistakes using the in-vehicle buzzer or a display device such as the RIBAS accessory.
- Flexible power and installation options with wired and wireless tracking units are available for trailers with or without their own power sources. Both units are easy to install.
- Reminder notification are sent to assist in the movement and management of trailer service and licencing intervals that reduce the risk of trailer breakdowns and unexpected maintenance costs.
- In South Africa, Stolen Vehicle Recovery is available as a value-added option, ensuring peace of mind.
King of the Road Driver Management Programme – Reward good drivers
Bad driving habits are unsafe, unnecessary and can cause loss of life. Poor driving also ultimately costs your organisation money. The MiX King of the Road programme is not limited to just changing driving style, but all aspects of the driver’s function, including productivity and safety. The programme is run in English and isiZulu and is customised to your industry. We currently work with fleets in cold chain distribution, concrete distribution, sugar and timber industries, as well as metered taxis.
Maximise the benefit from your investment in telematics with this out-sourced driver management programme. Our programme is not limited to just changing driving style, but all aspects of the driver’s function, including productivity and safety. The programme is run in English and isiZulu and is customised to your industry. We currently work with fleets in cold chain distribution, concrete distribution, sugar and timber industries, as well as metered taxis.
How it works
Our King of the Road (KOR) consultants produce monthly master scorecards using a combination of telematics data, fuel consumption data and your productivity information, such as tons delivered or revenue per vehicle. The monthly scorecard displays a leader board that shows which driver is eligible for a reward. An awards function is held each quarter for a face-to-face debriefing of all drivers in order to proactively assist them in improving their driver scores. Where required, drivers will receive further instruction and training from the KOR Driver Trainer. Monthly driver scores will also be sent via SMS to each driver. Drivers who achieve the established performance requirements will be eligible for a quarterly prize.
The King of the Road programme is extremely successful, because the majority of the drivers (up to 70%) could be eligible for a prize rather than only a handful of drivers (the traditional best or most improved driver). The prizes vary from white goods to electronics. When 30% of the drivers don’t receive a reward for driving well, the peer pressure of not obtaining a prize is a great motivator for the next quarter. King of the Road is a self-funding programme. The service includes the selection and procurement of prizes, printing of certificates and hosting driver award ceremonies.
- Improves service delivery, driver behaviour and driver morale
- Lowers fuel consumption – proven results achieved of 6-12% reduction in fuel consumption
- Reduces accident rates – proven results achieved of >50% reduction in accidents
- Increases productivity and improves efficiency – proven results achieved of 10-20% reduction in fleet size
- Reduces maintenance costs and increases return on investment
The King of the Road programme is managed by Compass FM, a division of MiX Telematics. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +27 31 580 2400.
The MiX ReportMyDriving monitoring solution supplies fleets with a hotline service. Stickers with the hotline number are placed on vehicles, which in turn help increase “eyes on the road” as the public are provided with a helpful, independent method to report vehicles who have caused driving transgressions. This solution keeps drivers accountable for their actions and reduces driving risk, as the drivers become more aware of their driving style.
MiX Go - Field Services Management
MiX Go is a task management application for effective communication and engagement with mobile fieldworkers to reduce costs, improve productivity & efficiency.
MyMiX – Driver Engagement
An innovative driver engagement platform that further enables MiX Fleet Manager customers to run safer and more efficient fleet operations. MyMiX gives drivers a tangible opportunity to own the important process of continuous improvement.
MiX Voice Kit & Keypad - Reduce communication costs
A hands-free kit capable of voice communications reduces driver distraction and communication costs. Designed for use in noisy truck cabs, it is equipped with a high-power amplifier and speaker with integrated volume control ensuring optimum sound reproduction. It is powered directly by the MiX FM Premium OBC unit to which it is connected and utilises the sim card and modem inside the OBC. Therefore drivers don’t need to be equipped with mobile phones and enter into an additional GSM voice contract. The voice kit keypad is programmed to call set numbers chosen by the company.
MiX Panic Button
With the transport industry being a high risk environment, it is crucial to provide drivers with the means to alert the control room in case of a hi-jacking or if they are pulled over by an unidentified person or vehicle. The panic button is pushed by the driver in the event of an emergency, which sends a silent alert to the control room, initiating a very serious emergency response.
MiX Driver Identification
The blue driver code-plug, commonly known as the driver tag, is used to control or restrict vehicle access and identify drivers to a specific vehicle. By using the driver tag you can ensure that each trip undertaken has a driver associated with it, thus enabling you to associate driving violations and events with specific drivers and enabling input into driver training & incentive programmes.